- Parish Info
- Care & Help
- Altar Servers
- Youth Faith Formation
- Safeguard the Children/VIRTUS
- Our School
|St. Margaret Mary Alacoque Catholic Church||
Provides weekly groceries to between 250 and 325 families. Also provides toys at Christmas and school supplies in September each year to families in need.
• If you can work any time from 5:30 AM – 11:00 AM on WEDNESDAY MORNINGS unpacking food items and packaging/bagging for pick-up and distribution.
• If you can spend an hour delivering groceries to shut-ins.
• If you can spend an hour or two each week going to donor establishments to pick up items, deliver and unload them into storage units at SMM one day a week.
• If you would like to serve families in need …
CALL LAURA NIETO AT ST. MARGARET MARY 310 326 3364.
• If you would like to serve while being a member of a small group of women who meet together to do service or fundraising for a particular cause, please contact the parish office at 310.326.3364
The membership of Holy Name is made up of EVERY man in the parish. Meeting once a month on Monday evening, the Holy Name Society provides service to the parish in many ways; cooking for parish dinners, hosting fundraisers to support various parish projects and programs, providing manual labor for parish activities from setting up and taking down the fair to helping a woman move furniture.
• If you would like to serve the needs of St. Margaret Mary as part of a tireless group of faith-filled men, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sends a group out every Sunday to distribute water and lunches to our brothers and sisters living on the streets. Clothing is collected during the winter and grooming bags are assembled in the spring. These items are distributed 2 or 3 times a year.
A group usually consists of 3 vehicles manned by regular volunteers often accompanied by young people doing service hours from SMM School, Confirmation Formation or Loyola High School.
• If you would like to make sandwiches from approx. 8:30-10:30 on any Sunday morning.
• If you would like to accompany a regular group out on the street to distribute lunches and water only once.
• If you would like to go out every 3 or 4 weeks as a regular member of a group.
• If feeding Christ on the streets of Harbor City and Los Angeles is something you can do or would like to try,
CALL SUE ANDREWS or
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR, CHRIS ALTER AT ST. MARGARET MARY: 310 326 3364
The St. Margaret Mary Knights of Columbus are affiliated with this nationwide group known for service. The Knights help with projects within the parish with time and by raising money to fund them. They also serve in the greater Catholic Community.
For information about serving with this group of men,
CALL RUDY ROLDAN
AT ST. MARGARET MARY: 310 326 3364
The Religious Education program at St. Margaret Mary is always looking for volunteers to share faith with our youth. Training is provided.
CALL DIRECTOR OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION, JOE VOIGT
AT ST. MARGARET MARY:
310 326 3364
Sharing a Skill or Talent
If you have a particular skill, talent or service you would be willing to share to fill the needs and serve the parish either on a one-time or regular basis to complete Sacred Heart Hours and help us reach our 75,000 hour goal - For example, but not limited to:
• web design
• computer skills
• interior design
PLEASE CALL CHRIS ALTER AT ST. MARGARET MARY: 310 326 3364